Last updated: March 2022
Wentworth Clean Power understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.wentworthcleanpower.com (“Our Site”), and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Wentworth Clean Power was established in 2018 to provide a platform for development and investment in renewable processes including energy. WCP has a registered office at Bank House, 81 St. Jude’s Road, Englefield Green, Egham TW20 0DF.
What information do we collect?
Cookies and Similar Tracking Tools
We use “cookies” or similar tools, which are typically small pieces of information that are delivered by our web servers and stored by your Internet browser on your computer’s hard drive or other computer or device storage. The information we store and transmit through these tools may also be used to facilitate the functionality of our website, to learn about your preferences and your visits to our website, to provide a more relevant online experience, and for other website operation and marketing purposes. When we send you an email, we gather statistics around email openings and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs (small bits of data on web pages) to help us monitor, evaluate, and improve our e-mails. Some advertisers provide you with choices regarding the use of tracking technologies to target advertising. In addition, your web browser may have functionality to block or disable cookies; however, your blocking or disabling cookies may prevent your use of various services on our website.
Types of Cookies
The cookies we may use fall into these categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to access the website and use its features. Without these cookies, we cannot provide some of the basic functionalities of our website.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website. This information is primarily used to analyze website usage and improve the way our website works.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow the website to remember the choices users make as they use the site. The information they collect is anonymized and does not track your browsing activity on other websites once you’ve left the site. We share business interest information with third-party partner companies that assist us in data analysis. These partner companies receive web visit data along with results detected from cookies and tracking pixels. These partner companies help us deliver an important element of our service, which is the ability to detect “topical interest”. These partner companies have undertaken to use data regarding individuals under conditions of confidentiality and not to disclose individual data
Personal data processed about you
As well as collecting information from your interaction with our website, Wentworth Clean Power may collect information from interested parties when they respond to an email, advertisement, or other marketing material. From time to time we may acquire data from third parties including marketing partners.
Personal data is collected:
- When you use our products and services and interact with us through different channels.
- When you register on this website in order to download content we need you to provide to us personal data, such as: first name, last name, email address and the company you work for (mandatory) and telephone number which is optional.
Lawful basis and purpose of the processing of personal data
We process personal data for various purposes, whereby we only process the data that are necessary to achieve the intended purpose.
As such, we process your personal data when necessary:
- in the context of the preparation, execution or termination of our sales contract with you;
- in order to comply with the legal or regulatory provisions to which we are subject; and/or
- In order to protect our legitimate interests (e.g. to continue to improve our products and services, to follow-up on our performances via anonymized reporting and statistics and to prevent fraud and other legal violations), in which case we always strive to strike a balance between that interest and respecting your privacy, especially when you are a minor.
If the processing of your personal data is not necessary for any of the three reasons, we will always ask your permission to process your personal data. You can always choose not to give your consent, or to you withdraw your consent.
How Do We Use and Share Information?
We will use the personal data that you provide to us, or the data that we observe about you in order to support our business and draw your attention to our products, promotional material and commercial opportunities that you have requested or that may be of interest to you. We may also conduct market research and surveys or contact you in order to fulfil our customer service or other obligations.
Wentworth Clean Power may be required to disclose to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
We may share your personal data with advertisers, affiliates and other commercial companies with whom we have, or might have an association, unless you state otherwise during the registration or purchase process.
Wentworth Clean Power and any third parties are contractually bound by all laws and regulations pertaining to data protection and online and offline communication in all countries where we operate.
Your Rights according to the General Data Protection Regulation
You have the right to access your personal data at any time and the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete information. You also have the right to request erasure of your data in writing in duly justified cases.
If you want to exercise the right to be forgotten to the full extent and have purchased tickets for a future event, these tickets will be cancelled without refund. Your details are needed to fulfil all these services. Your personal data will be removed as soon as possible, except if it concerns information that needs to be kept in pursuance of the law or an agreement.
We will respond to your request as soon as possible, and in any case within 30 calendar days after receipt of your request and after your identity is checked. Depending on the complexity of the requests and the number of requests, this period can be extended by a further two months if necessary. If the period is extended, we will inform you of this within one month of receiving the request.
Technical and organizational measures
Appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. When you provide your personal data through our website, this information is transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption.
Wentworth Clean Power has established policies and procedures for securely managing information and protecting Personal Data against unauthorized access and we continually assess our data privacy, information management and data security practices. We do this in the following ways:
- Establishing policies and procedures for securely managing information;
- Limiting employee access to personal information to those who really need to access personal data
- Protecting against unauthorized access to customer data by using data encryption, authentication, and virus detection technology, as required
- Requiring service providers with whom we do business to comply with relevant data privacy legal and regulatory requirements and signing, where applicable, a Data Processing Agreement pursuant to article 28 from the GDPR
- Monitoring our website trough recognized online privacy and security organizations
- Assessing our data privacy, information management, and data security practices continually
- Conducting regular patching and maintenance of all Wentworth Clean Power systems to ensure they are protected against current threats and intrusions
We will not retain your data longer than necessary: your personal data is retained in your account and will be removed automatically once you decide to delete your account. Data stored and processed outside of your account will be removed once the processing activity is completed and the data is no longer needed except when we are legally required to keep the records for a specified retention time.
This provision applies accordingly in case of personal data collected and processed for the Creativity4Better annual event. When exercising your right to delete, both The Wentworth Clean Power and IAA will comply with your request.
Transfers of Personal Data to the US
The information that you provide to us will be held in the United Kingdom
To the extent that personal data is processed outside the UK or European Union, we will ensure through contractual or other measures that such data enjoy an adequate level of protection there, comparable to that which they would enjoy in the UK or European Union
Changes to Data Privacy Practices
If Wentworth Clean Power makes material changes to data privacy practices, this policy will be updated and posted on our website in order to keep you informed of how we collect, use, manage, disclose, and protect information. The policy effective date will be updated accordingly.